Connect with us


Nirvana Baby Strikes Again with New Complaint Over Naked Album Images

164575 ztzasjqscd 1632915629

There are few people who are not familiar with the cover of the famous ‘Nevermind’ album by Nirvana. The breakthrough release shows a baby floating naked in a pool of water chasing a dollar bill and, literally, letting it all hang out. 

The subject of the photo is now a grown man. Spencer Elden, has long been involved in a legal battle against the group claiming the photo “constitutes child pornography”. A California judge granted a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, but now Elden is reigniting the battle. 

Elden’s legal team were granted “one last opportunity” to present an amended claim to the judge. They have come forward with new “images and materials which reveal the ‘Nevermind’ creators’ made deliberate choices to commercialize and exploit the sexually explicit photo lasciviously depicting Spencer’s genitals,” say Elden’s attorneys. 

“This unprecedented album cover is perhaps the first and only time a child’s full-frontal nudity has been used to sell a product,” the legal team went on to say in their statement. “Spencer’s image constitutes child pornography and each of the Nirvana Defendants robbed our client of his dignity and privacy.”

The suit is being reopened against then Nirvana band members Dave Grohl, Chad Channing, Krist Novoselic and the late Kurt Cobain, with potential damages being paid by Cobain’s widow and estate executor Courtney Love. Also being targeted are the album photographer, designer, and the record companies Geffen, Warner, MCA Music, and the Universal Music Group.

There are 17 defendants in all. Elden is asking for a trial by jury and $150,000 from each party. 

They are being accused of knowingly possessing, producing, and advertising “commercial child pornography.” Elden’s attorneys are claiming that the plaintiff “will continue to suffer damages as long as the violations above persist.”

“During the 10 years preceding the filing of this action, each Defendant intentionally commercially marketed the child pornography depicting Spencer and leveraged the lascivious nature of his image to promote the ‘Nevermind’ album, the band, and Nirvana’s music while, earning, at a minimum, tens of millions of dollars in the aggregate,” the lawsuit claims. 

The lawsuit also states that members of the band purposely chose a photo of Elden with his penis visible while reaching for the dollar bill hanging from a fishhook. It compares the image to that of a “sexworker”. 

Elden and his legal team note that the band has continued to reproduce, distribute, and advertise the supposedly pornographic cover as it was used for the 30th anniversary rerelease of the album in September of 2021. 

“As long as the entertainment industry prioritizes profits over childhood privacy, consent, and dignity, our client will continue his pursuit for awareness and accountability,” Elden’s attorneys said in a statement. 

Despite the lawsuit being filed, Elden’s attitude wasn’t always against the album image. In fact, he has previously recreated the cover to honor the album’s 15th and 25th anniversary releases. 

He also spoke positively about the cover to members of the media in the past. “It’s only opened doors for me and been a really positive fun experience,” Elden was quoted as saying in a 2015 interview. 

The photo cover in question was taken by current defendant and photographer Kirk Weddle. Weddle was friends with Elden’s parents and asked if they were interested in having their four-month-old baby be part of the project.  

According to Elden, his parents agreed, not thinking much of it, “My dad was like, ‘Ah, no problem, man. We’ll just go down to the pool and throw him (in) and that’ll be it. And it was no big deal. And no one knew what it was going to become.”

Elden’s parents were paid $200 in return for allowing the photographer to use their son for the album cover which, to date, has sold over 30 million copies. According to the complaint, neither Elden nor his parents ever signed a release authorizing use of the images. 

Will Elden’s efforts in reopening the lawsuit be worthwhile? Or will he end up with the same ruling? Only time will tell as the drama continues to unfold.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


Meet the world’s most inbred family where the parents of 14 children all related

Meet the world's most inbred family where the parents of 14 children all related

The story of a horrifying family has unfolded, where the parents of 14 children are related to each other. More than a family, this is an incestuous cult. 

The family’s inbreeding habits were revealed during the two-day trial of Frank Colt (a pseudonym). 

Frank was arrested for rape in 2018 and found guilty of sexually assaulting his niece )who is also his sister).

The sister/niece, who goes by the fake name Petra Colt, came to officials to report Frank who had taken advantage of her in the back seat of his car during a visit to their family farm in New South Wales. 

She also revealed that she was living in a cult where “all my aunts, uncles and cousins have been sleeping together”. 

She also said she had never been to school and was physically abused by various family members. 

She later withdrew her claims but spoke to officials several times citing rape incidents. Her statements gave them enough evidence to put Frank in jail. He was found guilty on May 10 and is in custody as he awaits sentencing. 

His brother Charlie and nephew Cliff are facing allegations of sexual assault as well. 

The family lives in a complicated web. Petra is the daughter of Frank Colt’s father Tim and his sister Betty. Therefore, both Petra and her alleged rapist Frank, share the same father. 

Tim, the family patriarch who died in 2009, fathered seven children with his wife June who was also his sister. 

He also fathered 12 children with his daughter Betty and had five children with his eldest daughter Rhonda. 

Tim’s youngest daughter had children with her brother Charlie. 

At one time, four generations of the family were living together in a bush camp made of an uninsulated shed, old caravans, and tents. 11 of the 12 children living there were found to be the product of parents that were closely related to each other. 

Most of the kids were malnourished and living in tents without running water, toilets, and electricity. Some could not speak intelligible English. 

One child died when she was just two months old. 

All the women in the family are denying a familial connection and dispute genetic evidence of the paternity of the children in question. 

The family managed to keep their cult going for so long by moving from state to state. They were finally caught by local authorities who realized the children were not attending school.

Meet the world's most inbred family where the parents of 14 children all related

Meet the world's most inbred family where the parents of 14 children all related

Continue Reading


14 students and 1 teacher dead after mass shooting at Texas elementary school

14 students and 1 teacher dead after mass shooting at Texas elementary school

Just a mere ten days after a mass shooting at a grocery store in Buffalo, N.Y, another has unfolded at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. Making a sad story even more harrowing is the fact that the shooter murdered his grandmother in cold blood before embarking on the mass shooting at the elementary school. This shooting carried out by an 18-year-old man saw more than a dozen murdered and even more wounded. A 10-year-old girl and a 66-year-old woman were listed in critical condition according to authorities. 

Reports also indicate that two law enforcement officers were shot, but they’re expected to survive. In a Facebook post shared around 2 pm. CST, the UCISD said students had been evacuated into the nearby Willie DeLeon Civic Center, where parents were allowed to pick up their children. The shooter was reportedly identified as a current or former student of Robb Elementary School. 

Governor Abbott was quick to offer his sympathies to the families and loved ones of the wounded and deceased. “Texans across the state are grieving for the victims of the senseless crime and for the community of Uvalde,” he said. He continued by saying, “Cecilia and I mourn this horrific loss and we urge all Texans to come together to show our unwavering support to all who are suffering. We thank the courageous first responders who worked to finally secure Rob Elementary School. I have instructed the Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers to work with local law enforcement to fully investigate this crime.” The local hospital is reportedly treating numerous students in the emergency room. The shooter was murdered at the scene of the crime. According to CNN, the FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) are working with local law enforcement on the investigation.

14 students and 1 teacher dead after mass shooting at Texas elementary school

Continue Reading


How a couple survived a Wisconsin bear attack in their home

How a Wisconsin couple survived a bear attack in their home

This past weekend, a couple in Medford, Wisconsin was attacked by an American black bear after it broke through their window in the middle of the night. According to authorities, both the husband and wife sustained injuries during the break-in, but their children were fortunately left unharmed. A news release from the Taylor County Sheriff’s Office said the husband wound up shooting and killing the bear, after both the husband and wife sustained several bites and injuries as they fought to protect their home. The couple were treated for their injuries at an area hospital and have since been released. 

The situation was terrifying for the occupants of the home, to say the least. “The bear immediately turned and charged at the house, breaking through the window and into the house and immediately attacked,” said The Taylor County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office also said that the homeowners initially spotted the bear outside eating from their bird feeder, which caused them to yell at it in hopes of scaring the bear into leaving. Unfortunately, the bear had other ideas. The bear was identified as a female by authorities. Authorities also say the mother bear brought along a cub who ran for safety once its mother charged towards the home. 

The fact that she had company could have played an important role in her reaction. According to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, bears are usually afraid of humans, rarely acting as aggressors. That can change however when protecting a food source or young cubs. The situation this Wisconsin couple found themselves in may be particularly common for people who live near wooded areas. In cases where people find that bears are making themselves cozy near a living space, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources suggests that people “get to a secure area so the bear has a clear escape path”. If possible, they also suggest making “a lot of noise by yelling, honking a car horn or banging pots and pans” if possible.How a Wisconsin couple survived a bear attack in their home

Continue Reading


Woman kills husband over an affair, finds out he’s married to a third woman

Woman kills husband over an affair, finds out he’s married to a third woman

Talk about a lover’s triangle, these people found themselves in a lover’s quadrangle. And it ended in a fatal killing with a twist. 

Karin Stewart, 51, murdered her husband, James Hargrove after he brought home his mistress and told her he was in love with her. 

A twist occurred when a woman, Sandra Hargrove, turned up at Stewart’s initial court appearance identifying herself as Hargrove’s real wife. 

According to Sandra, she had been married to James for over 13 years. The couple separated in November but remained best friends talking every day. Apparently, she was not aware of either of the ‘other women’.

“He’s still my husband. I mean, we have grandkids, we have kids, we have nieces and nephews. That’s still my husband,” said Sandra. 

Meanwhile, James had been in a relationship with Stewart for seven years and lived with her on and off. 

When he brought home the 41-year-old woman he was having an affair with, Stewart opened fire on him in a fit of jealous rage. The other woman ran for her life and was unharmed. 

She was shocked at the outcome as she claimed James told her he was in an open relationship and wanted her to meet his other girlfriend. 

After being questioned by police, Stewart admitted to killing James who had just recovered from COVID and spent four months in a coma. He was paralyzed for a year and had two heart attacks, a stroke, and kidney failure. 

Stewart is currently in jail on a $75,000 bond and is due back in court on August 17th. Court records reveal that she was previously charged with felony battery in Louisiana in 2016 after allegedly running over her then husband with a truck and dousing him with lighter fluid.Woman kills husband over an affair, finds out he’s married to a third woman

Continue Reading


Mom arrested after three year old girl killed during church exorcism

Mom arrested after three year old killed during church exorcism

There are numerous ways a child’s behavior can cause alarm for the adults in their lives. What’s more important is how the adults in the child’s life go about correcting the behavior. 

There are numerous courses of action that can be taken, but it’s fair to assume that most people wouldn’t have made the same choice as a mother who chose to have her child killed in exorcised in a San Jose church. The exorcism wound up going horribly wrong and led to the arrest of the mother of the 3-year-old child and two other relatives. They were arrested this past week in connection with the death of Arely Naomi Proctor, who died last September after relatives performed an exorcism on her because they believed that she was “possessed by an evil spirit”, according to court documents. Proctor’s uncle and grandfather were arrested this past Wednesday. 

Proctor’s grandfather, Rene Trigueros-Hernández was the pastor of the Iglesia Apostoles y Profetas, a small Pentecostal church in San Jose. The girl’s mother, Claudia Hernandez-Santos was arrested back in January and charged with assault of a child resulting in death. According to the Santa Clara County Medical examiner’s office, the 3-year-old was killed by asphyxiation. Court records say Claudia Hernandez-Santos thought her daughter was possessed because she would “wake up and scream or cry periodically.” She’s also accused of depriving the girl of food. 

During the exorcism which was performed when she took her daughter to church on September 24th of last year, Santos is accused of holding the girl’s neck down and squeezing it while the grandfather and uncle held the child down. Records show Santos told police that after her daughter became unresponsive, they didn’t call the police for another two hours. To say that killing a toddler for occasionally screaming and crying is a drastic overreaction would be a horrendous understatement.

Mom arrested after three year old killed during church exorcism

Continue Reading